** NEW Team Members will be invited to join at the first of the month**
What is Team Inner Peaks?
Team Inner Peaks is an opportunity for Members ages 7-18 to join a friendly community and learn how to rock climb in a structured environment both recreationally and competitively.
Our teams operate year-round and are designed to be coached for overall team and athlete’s individual goals. Our various teams welcome climbers of all levels – from casual first-time climbers to elite competitive athletes. The Inner Peaks Youth Teams offer climbers an engaging and consistent way to develop team spirit, emotion regulation, mental and physical strength, work ethic, body mechanics, and self-esteem by overcoming challenges and fears with the support of their teammates and coaches.
Our youth programming includes everything from basic risk management to advanced competition climbing, which has enabled Team Inner Peaks to be USA Climbing Regional, Divisional, and National champions in bouldering, lead climbing, and speed climbing, as well as champions at the International Federation of Sport Climbing World Cup and Paraclimbing World Cup. All of our coaches hold First Aid, CPR, and USA Safe Sport Certifications. All of our competition team coaches also hold USA Climbing Level 2 Coach Certifications and some have USA Climbing Route Setting Certifications.
Joining Team Inner Peaks
Interested Team Inner Peaks participants who would like to climb recreationally or do not have prior competitive climbing experience will begin on our Beginner Team. Prior to making the decision to join, a team trial must be scheduled, approval from coaches must be given and an Inner Peaks Membership must be active. Interested participants are encouraged to schedule a Team Trial at least one week in advance.
Steps for Getting Started:
1. Schedule a Team Trial
*Team Trials are currently unavailable at our South End location due to Teams being at max capacity.*
2. Once your climber has completed a Team Trial, please submit this Team Trial Follow-up Form to inquire about roster space availability for the team that your climber attended! Upon reviewing your form with the coach’s recommendations, we will contact you as soon as possible to assign your climber to a Team roster.
Reminder that all Team participants must have an active Inner Peaks Membership to our facilities.
*Please understand that space is limited. Attending a Team Trial does not guarantee a roster space.*
3. Once your climber has been assigned to a team roster, monthly Team dues will be assigned to your climber’s account and all parents will receive the Team Inner Peaks Parent Welcome Letter that will provide details about:
- Specific Team information
- Teams advancement
- Structured practices
- Teams dues and monthly Membership requirements
- Practice cancellations
- Team rules and requirements
- Gear requirements
- Attendance requirements
- USA Climbing and local competition climbing information.