Head Routesetter is a leadership position that reports directly to the Director of Routesetting. A Head Setter demonstrates professionalism by showing up on time, modeling a good work ethic for the junior setters, and completing management tasks on time. A good Head Setter is as passionate about mentoring and training beginning routesetters as they are about improving their own skills.
- Can comfortably climb 5.12a/v5
- Comfortable using routesetter tools including but not limited to impact driver, wrenches, taps, power washer, angle grinder
- Comfortable working at heights up to 55′
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and manage awkward volumes at height
- Previous experience setting at a commercial climbing gym
- USAC certification a plus
- Set exciting routes in a variety of styles that are accessible to a range of skill levels and body types
- Set up and take down, including stripping/cleaning/organizing holds
- Monitor safety on work site
- Fine-tune junior routesetter assignments
- Facilitate productive forerunning sessions by acting as a team leader
- Update route management software and adjust work schedules
- Facilitate communication between membership and setting crew by observing customers climbing routes and requesting feedback.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to create social media posts highlighting the triumphs of the routesetting crew.
- Assist with recruiting, mentoring, and training new team members
- $20+ per hour, depending on experience level
- Two weeks of PTO (first year)
- Paid professional USAC and work-at-height certification opportunities
- Guest setter opportunities
- Paid setting team excursions/team building events
- Some relocation expenses for qualified FT candidates