Head Routesetter is a leadership position that reports directly to the Director of Routesetting. A Head Setter demonstrates professionalism by showing up on time, modeling a good work ethic for the junior setters, and completing management tasks on time. A good Head Setter is as passionate about mentoring and training beginning routesetters as they are about improving their own skills.
- Can comfortably climb 5.12a/v5
- Comfortable using routesetter tools including but not limited to impact driver, wrenches, taps, power washer, angle grinder
- Comfortable working at heights up to 55′
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and manage awkward volumes at height
- Previous experience setting at a commercial climbing gym
- USAC certification a plus
- Set exciting routes in a variety of styles that are accessible to a range of skill levels and body types
- Set up and take down, including stripping/cleaning/organizing holds
- Monitor safety on work site
- Fine-tune junior routesetter assignments
- Facilitate productive forerunning sessions by acting as a team leader
- Update route management software and adjust work schedules
- Facilitate communication between membership and setting crew by observing customers climbing routes and requesting feedback.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to create social media posts highlighting the triumphs of the routesetting crew.
- Assist with recruiting, mentoring, and training new team members
- $20+ per hour, depending on experience level
- Two weeks of PTO (first year)
- Paid professional USAC and work-at-height certification opportunities
- Guest setter opportunities
- Paid setting team excursions/team building events
- Some relocation expenses for qualified FT candidates
At Inner Peaks, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to create a workplace that welcomes and values different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not meet all the requirements listed in the job description. We believe that candidates with diverse experiences and skill sets can contribute significantly to our team and enhance our overall knowledge base. At Inner Peaks, we are committed to providing support and resources to all employees, including those who may need additional training or accommodations to succeed in their roles.
We are excited to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and look forward to reviewing your application. If you have any questions about the position or our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please do not hesitate to reach out